Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Becoming The Album

As 2008 is winding down, I want to know what you thought the best album of the year was. Please hit me up with your suggesstions and thoughts...I am always curious to hear what people think about the current state of music.

In my opinion, the album of the year was Bullet For My Valentine's "Scream Aim Fire." It definitely wasn't the album I listened to the most during the year, but for albums that came out in 2008, it wins.

Why was Bullet's LP the best? Had the elements of metal in the ingredients, of course: solid opening riffs, great choruses, great solos and of course a great bonus: harmonized solos. Check out Waking the Demon off Bullet's LP. It's a real killer song, a little too much for screaming for me, but the song still rocks.

Atreyu's "Lead Sails and a Paper Anchor" was the album I listened to the most during 2008...it came out in late 2007, but singles are still being released off of the album today. Check their single, Blow. All elements of metal included, plus a big ending. That's whendrummers know...they can showcase their shit (skills).



What was your favorite album of 2008?

No comments: